Buzzrack Buzzracer 4
FREE SHIPPING on orders over €20
Next day delivery in Ireland
BUZZRACER series offer convenient mounting, user-friendly functions and compact storage. The ratchet cradle is the perfect solution to attach the bike frame. It is also a great solution for carbon frames as it does not apply pressure to the carbon tubes.
The BUZZRACER 4 is a really well designed, well engineered piece of kit; smart, sophisticated and very good value for money.
The BUZZRACER 4 is very easy to use and has all the basic features needed for a good bike rack. And it’s really strong!
Key features of the BUZZRACER 4
Assembly: Even though it is not assembled, BUZZRACER 4 is very easy to put together: assemble the wheel support frame to the base using 8 screws, assemble the light support with 2 more screws, install the license plate, slide in the plastic wheel supports, fit the rack to the tow ball with no tools needed and you are ready to go!
Fitting to the car: When you first place the BUZZRACER 4 on the tow ball it supports itself – you can let go of it and it won’t fall to the ground. You’ll then take the weight again, spin the tightening knob until it’s tight, and lock it. BUZZRACK‘s carriers comply with the very exacting standard XPR-18-904-4 and therefore include an anti-sway tensioner; this has an integrated handle and 2 or 3 turns are usually sufficient. The video below shows the fitting to the car and the installation of bikes.
Lighting system: The BUZZRACER 4 comes with a 7 pin lighting system. 7 pin to 13 pin adapter is not included but can be purchased as an option. (3 function 7 pin flat plug for AUS/NZ)
Tilting: Tilting is easy, and is very well balanced even with a full load. The BUZZRACER 4 sits quite high on the tow ball, and the tilt function is optimised to prevent the lights from hitting the road surface, while still using the weight of the bikes to help bring the bike platform back to the level again in a controlled way. But this geometry doesn’t allow for tall vertical tailgates to be opened – e.g. VW Transporter T5 and T6.
- The wheel holders will accommodate most wheelbases, even small children’s bikes. You can reverse the wheel supports for the really small bikes. See technical data below
- The long wheel rubber-padded wheel straps hold tyres up to 3.25” wide; pull on them to tighten, and use the quick release to loosen
- The BUZZRACER 4 is entirely suitable for carbon frame bikes; the rubber-padded bike frame cradles rotate 360 degrees and, again using rubber-padded straps, they hold any type of tube firmly but gently.
- The maximum permitted load is 60kg, with no bike weighing more than 20kg
- The down tube size is limited to 75mm diameter (3″); whatever bikes you have, always load the heaviest bikes nearest to the car
- There is a built in locking cable to secure your bikes; as usual with cable locks, it’s a deterrent only.
Other features and basic specifications
- The patented conical fitting fits to all tow balls, even to the bolt-on tow balls we see occasionally that do not meet standards for neck length or ball diameter.
- A reminder that it locks to the tow ball.
- The BUZZRACER 4 sits high on the tow ball, well clear of speed bumps and other hazards such as steep ferry ramps.
- Dimensions: 88cm wide x 94cm deep (measured from the centre of the tow ball to the outside edge of the number plate holder).
- Weight: 18kg
- The build quality – tube bending, welding, rust proofing, painting, component quality, is exemplary. The whole carrier looks and feels like the class act it is. All tools you might need are provided.
- All parts are replaceable if e.g. someone forgets that a tow bar carrier is fitted and reverses into a wall – which happens!
- Not suitable for trailers, campers, or RVs
Max number of bikes: 4
Max weight per bike: 20kg
Max load capacity: 60kg
Max tire size: 3.25″
Max bike frame down tube size: diameter 75mm(3″)
Fits all ISO 50mm tow ball: yes
Dimensions (width x depth x height): 88 x 94 x 73 cm
(measured from the centre of the tow ball mount to the outside edge of the number plate holder).
Integrated lighting board: yes
Lighting board plug type: 7 pin (7 pin flat plug for AUS/NZ)
Bike carrier to tow ball lock: yes
Bike carrier to bike lock: yes
The maximum permitted load you can carry is also determined by the tow bar nose weight; you will need to check you don’t exceed this before using any tow ball mounted bike carrier.
Requires 65mm clearance from center of tow ball to rear of vehicle.
Ireland and UK
Free delivery (minimum order €20) in the Republic of Ireland, UK and Northern Ireland for all orders placed on our website.
Exceptions to the above rule are heavy goods, weighing 20kg or above. The shipping cost for heavy goods is €20.
All orders are processed, packaged and shipped the same day (on orders received before 3pm). Once goods have been shipped, the customer will receive an email with a tracking number.
Next day delivery within Ireland. U.K. delivery times will vary.
If your order is out of stock we will contact you immediately with an expected delivery date.
European and Worldwide
We offer worldwide shipping. The cost of shipping depends on the destination and weight of goods.
Please contact us for a quote on shipping costs to your destination.
Bikes are inspected by our trained bicycle mechanics to ensure that all parts are correct and functional before delivery.
Click here to view our returns policy.