Cannondale CAAD Optimo Sora Road Bike 2019
WHERE PERFORMANCE BEGINS
The CAAD Optimo is the perfect gateway bike. With features and geometry derived directly from the mighty CAAD12, its race-bred performance and welcoming price will get you hooked on cycling in no time.
CAAD Optimo is CAAD12’s overachieving little brother. With trickle-down tech and geometry, it makes a killer first performance road bike, or great training/backup bike for EVO/CAAD12 owners.
EXCEPTIONAL ALUMINIUM PERFORMANCE
Created using our Tube Flow Modeling design process, CAAD Optimo’s SmartForm C2 Aluminium construction is lighter and has a better ride-feel than many of our competitors’ premium alloy offerings.
ELITE RACE GEOMETRY
With similar geometry to the CAAD12 and SuperSix EVO, CAAD Optimo offers riders true race handling and body position.
RIDE SMOOTHER WITH SAVE
Flex zones in the rear triangle and fork absorb shock for better comfort and control.
FULL CARBON FORKS
For 2019, all CAAD Optimo models feature new, lightweight forks with full, onepiece carbon construction from dropout thru steerer.
- Frame: CAAD Optimo, SmartForm C2 Alloy, SAVE
- Fork: Cannondale Ultra, Full Carbon, 1-1/8" to 1-1/4" steerer
- Rims: RS 2.0, 24h front, 28h rear
- Hubs: Formula RB-31 front, RB-32 rear
- Spokes: Stainless Steel, 14g
- Tires: Vittoira Zaffiro, 700 x 25c
- Pedals: Wellgo w/ Clip and Strap
- Crank: Shimano Sora 3000, 50/34
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano BSA Sealed
- Chain: Shimano HG53, 9-speed
- Cassette:Shimano HG50, 11-30, 9-speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Sora, 31.8 clamp
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Sora GS
- Shifters: Shimano Sora, 2x9
- Handlebar: Cannondale C4, 6061 Alloy, Compact
- Grips: Cannondale Grip Bar Tape w/Gel, 3.5mm
- Stem: Cannondale C4, 6061 Alloy, 31.8, 7°
- Headset: FSA Integrated, 1-1/4" lower bearing, 25mm top cap
- Brakes: Promax RC-452
- Brake Levers: Shimano Sora
- Saddle: Cannondale Stage Ergo
- Seatpost: Cannondale C4, 6061 Alloy, 27.2 x 350mm (44-56), 400mm (58-63)